Chez Hall - La Grande Maison
Sleeps up to 14
Beautifully restored winemakers house with amazing views
A stunning 17th century winemakers home, in the centre of Meursault village.
La Grande Maison is a rare gem. Restored in 2010, it presents the highest possible level of quality and comfort wherever you look.
Features of La Grande Maison
Let’s start with the size, 230 sqm of comfortable living space.
The style of La Grande Maison is French elegance at its best. From the impressive panelled reception hall with its crystal chandelier, the graciously curved stone staircase, to the quality furnishings and antique furniture the overriding sense is one of quality and luxury.
Next, the kitchen – gourmet cooking almost does not do it justice, with its Lacanche oven, long, zinc-topped work table with inset stone pastry board, a special double width fridge to keep large platters fresh, mixers, blenders and an ice cream maker and finally, 2 dishwashers to make cleaning up quick and easy. There is ample space for several cooks to share food preparation without argument!
Now, step onto the expansive (50 sq m) roof top terrace where you can further test your cooking skills on the fully equipped outdoor kitchen including a wood burning pizza oven and gas-fired barbeque with separate side burners, a sink and chopping/prep facility as well as an outdoor fridge for chilling your drinks.
Take your food exploits to the large (seats 10) traditional tiled dining table, not forgetting of course to remove from the refrigerator your bottle of Meursault premier cru chardonnay!
As you lift your glasses, also lift your eyes to the stunning panoramic view of the eastern slopes of Meursault’s celebrated vineyards.
We are yet to mention its location. La Grande Maison is perfectly situated in the centre of Meursault, a few steps from the main village square with its cafes, wine-bars, shops, restaurants and weekly market.
La Grande Maison is an extensive and beautifully renovated property that can be rented exclusively for large groups up to 14 or as four individual houses for smaller groups of 2, 4 or 6 people.
- The master suite on the second floor enjoys spectacular views over Meursault’s famous vineyards. An antique -style king sized bed, golden glass chandelier, antique mirrors, freestanding bath, separate wc and step down shower, make this bedroom dramatic and memorable. Also contains a TV and air conditioning.
- Separated from the master suite by the quiet, library/study area with leather topped desk, the second bedroom is gorgeous, romantic and pink! It contains a queen sized bed with its own free standing bath, wc and wash stand, golden chandelier, parquet floor and original beams. Air conditioning.
- A third bedroom suite, furnished with beautiful fabrics and antiques, opens from the reception hall on the ground floor and has its own en-suite shower room.
- An open plan, spacious, fully equipped gourmet kitchen features a Lacanche oven and a zinc-topped work table with inset stone pastry board. There is a special double width fridge, two dishwashers, coffee machines, ice cream maker, blender, mixers and a toaster.
- A magnificent dining table seating up to 12.
- A lounge designed for comfort, with an open fireplace, and including TV receiving UK and French channels, DVD player, i-pod docking station.
- A spacious roof terrace with a fully equipped outdoor kitchen.
- Luggage lift
- Dedicated laundry room with separate washer and tumble dryer.
- Hair dryers supplied.
- WIFI throughout the property.
- Large double electronic gates open into the pretty gravel courtyard containing a beautiful stone fountain, grand entrance stairs, and a wood-burning pizza oven.
- Secure off street parking.
To help you settle in we provide a “welcome pack” which consists of fresh bread, fresh milk, water, jam, cheese, a small pot of mustard, a number of espresso capsules a bottle of Cremant and a couple of other items.
You will also find essentials such as : sugar, tea, coffee, bottled water, salt & pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Essentials: hand soap, toilet rolls, kitchen paper, foil, cling film, bin bags, matches, paper napkins.
- All bed linen, towels, and cleaning products.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
For stays of two weeks or more, we include a mid-stay clean and change of linen
* 4 night minimum stay. Local Tax of €2.50 per person additional.